The DCOH exists to help you strategically plan, begin or expand your business within the Haskell city limits. Whether it’s connecting you to the right funding resources, helping you with your business plan or providing you with information about the Haskell community and its history, we are here to help.
Please see our guidelines for assistance to see if you meet the qualifications for assistance through the DCOH. For further information, please contact our office at (940) 864-3424 or in person at Haskell City Hall.
Additional resources for your reference:
- SCORE Business Templates – Business Plans, Financials, Marketing documents and more.
- Texas Tech Small Business Development Center – They will help you with a comprehensive business plan free of charge.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration – They have loans available for starting or expanding a business.
- Haskell National Bank – Local Bank
- First Bank Texas – Local Bank
- Accion – Micro Financing
- Gust – Investor groups
Distressed New Market Tax Credits
New Markets Tax Credits are a flexible financing tool. Nearly everything that spurs economic development can be financed: for-profit businesses, medical clinics, real estate development, non-profit service centers, and more. New Markets Tax Credits are often times used to fill the “gap” left when traditional financing falls short. Haskell falls into an area that qualifies for the Distressed New Market Tax Credit. To read more about this federal program, click here.
To get your jobs posted on high-traffic websites, please contact the organizations below or the DCOH office.
- Work in Texas: Contact Monica Mayes at (325) 795-4243 or : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Texas State Technical College: Julia Humphrey, (325) 734-3612, email@example.com
If your business would like to receive monthly, email newsletters from the DCOH, please click the sign up button below.